TECH SPECS Check out our Publishing Agreement
Deliver song files via dropbox, Google Drive or Post us an audio cd or usb stick.
We prefer wav files. mp3 or aiff files are okay in as high resolution as possible. 256lbps is okay but 320 kbps mp3 or higher is better. We’ll sort out ID3 Tags if necessary.
If available email or upload a 600×600 or larger album cover image .jpg or .png for each album, EP or single.
So we can pay you, enter banking details on GrooveBaby.com.au or text, email or phone them to us. Visit our Contact Us Page to send us a messages, or email email@example.com
EDITING YOUR ARTIST PROFILE PAGE
Just add some basic info to get started. You can always add more later.
Image Formats For Uploading To Your Profile.
When uploading images you can upload in whatever image format you have. For images we prefer PNG format, no bigger than 1000 pixels. JPEG format is also Okay. If you’re unsure just send us a quick note from the Contact Us Page. We’ll help you sort it out.
Editing your Profile bio
Just cut and paste text from another document into your bio. Eg. You can copy text from your facebook or other social profile. It’s always a good idea to keep a copy of your bio in a document on your hard drive. Eg. An Open Office doc or Word Doc etc.
Adding Facebook, Instagram and Youtube links to your Profile.
You can add links to your Facebook, Youtube, Google+page, Instagram etc onto your Profile.
If you want to add a link read the following:
- Go to one of your pages Eg. facebook/Youtube etc.
- Copy the address in the browser at the top of the browser.
- See the image example below.
- Copy the entire link, including any numbers at the end, into the appropriate section in your Profile.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of your Profile page.
UPLOADING MUSIC ONCE YOU HAVE AN ARTIST PROFILE
- Submit music by Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer or Post us an audio cd or usb stick.
Upload Music Format
- We prefer wav files. mp3 is okay. The higher the quality the better.
- Mp3 256kb/s is okay, 512kb/s would be better. Bigger is even better!
- Aim for at least 5 MBytes for each 3 minutes of song track.
- Bandwidth and mobile devices are constantly improving.
- We want you to sound awesome and listeners to have a great experience!
If your songs have ID Tag info.
- ID3 Tag fields include Song Title, Album Title, Release Date, Artist, Band, Album Track Number, Composer/s, Lyricist/s, Genre, Images etcetera.
- Fill in as much info as you can.
- If you don’t know what to put in some fields leave them blank for now.
- They can always be edited later.
- If you don’t have an ISRC code leave it blank,
- Our Free ID Tagger app sets a default starter code.
- GrooveBaby can generate a Free ISRC for each song after you upload it.
IDTagger is a Free App for GrooveBaby Artists to edit mp3 ID Tags.
Download ID Tagger (Mac OSX) Coming Soon!
- After downloading IDTagger, just drag or copy it to your Desktop.
- There is no need to install it.
TO START IDTagger
- Double Click the icon.
- Read the Help Tab about the Auto Buttons.
- The Auto Button will save you lots of time!
- Put your songs in folders as follows…
- Your Artist Name/Your Album Name/Your Song names
- IDTagger’s Auto Buttons will fetch the folder names to fill in the songs ID Tag info
- If your song file names include numbers eg. 01-Song1.mp3, leave them like this as IDTagger will strip the 01- part off and label the song as Song1 in the ID Tag.
TO SELECT AN MP3 SONG
- Click Select mp3 File.
- Select ONE song track, from the File Viewer.
- Double Click on the file you want to edit.
- Or highlight the track by clicking on it, then click Open.
TO ENTER INFO
- Fill in the song’s details.
- Press the Tab key to go to the next tag field.
- For more than one Lyricist separate names with / or ,
- For more than one Composer separate names with / or ,
TO SAVE DETAILS
- Easy! Just Click Save.
ADDING IMAGES TO MP3 FILES…. (Wow!!)
Add the album or single cover image. Add Artist image if there is no album cover image.
ID Tagger App can add images INTO mp3 Files
Use PNG, JPG or GIF images. We prefer PNG format.
- Click Add Image.
- Select your images ONE at a time.
- Click Save.
- Images add to the size of the mp3 file.
- Images around 250 KBytes (0.25 MByte) are fine.
- A 0.25 MByte image ADDS 0.25 MByte to the mp3 file size.
- Respect listeners bandwidth.
- Keep image sizes low, but reasonable web quaity.
- Image pixel size of 500 x 500 is preferred.
- Rectangular shape images are okay, but resizing and cropping may occur.
- eg. 520 x 420 pixel (width x height) is okay.
- We currently only use ONE image from the mp3 file during streaming.
ISRC (International Standard Recording Code)
- If you already have an ISRC enter it into the ID info.
- If you don’t have an ISRC code Upload the mp3 file anyway.
- We can autmatically generate one for each song.
- You own your ISRC’s.
- If you want ISRC’s prior to Uploading, visit www.groovebaby.com.au and email us an ISRC request.
- Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- GrooveBaby gives our Artists FREE ISRC codes.
We developed our own ID3 Tag App to help Artists!.
- ID tags are important for you.
- It helps us track your music so that we can pay you.
- Tags let listeners see info about Artists and connect more.
- Please add ID Tag info before Uploading songs!
If you are unsure of the suitability of your music for streaming.
- Email us a link to your music or Upload 1 or 2 tracks for us to check.
- We’ll give you an honest opinion whether we think you’re good to go, need a bit of tweaking or need a bit more time and help to blossom.
- We are supportive of artists and can assist with a network of industry mentors, creative, recording and mastering options to help you move ahead.
- We might even add a new genre to suit your style!
What happens once you’ve uploaded tracks?
- We check all tracks Uploaded, then let you know when we’re ready for more content.
- If the music is not in the format or quality we need we’ll email you with any changes required.
- When it’s all good, your content can go live on Zooki.org.
- We re-check content before it is posted to the Zooki.org streaming site.
HOW WE PAY YOU
- Your content earns a royalty from streaming on Zooki.org
- We pay four times per year (ie. quarterly).
- To pay you we need your Banking info (see Edit Profile page).
- Your information is stored on our secure servers & will not be given to any third party.